1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who should make the first move?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ihateregister22, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Freja

Freja Level IV

I dont think it depends on gender. Just the one who isn't afraid of it I guess :D

2. amanda121

amanda121 Level I

usually girls make the first step,just that guys don't realize that ;)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think guys should make the first step. I'm a guy and I know I always try to make the first step. Sometimes things go differently though. Overall, it doesn't matter, it just matters if both enjoy hanging out with each other.

4. Liwi

Liwi Level II

The guy should always make the first move. If the girl makes the first move, it makes her look desperate, since it's a lot easier for a girl to meet someone than it is for a guy.

5. invaderzimmeh

invaderzimmeh Level I

Nothing to do with gender- at all.

For me, if I like someone and wanna ask them out, that's up to me. If I know he/she likes me, I'm not going to just wait around for THEM to make the move.

Once the relationship has started, it's up to whoever is most comfortable doing that.

6. candcain

candcain Level II

Hmm, I think the person who is bravest should make the first move. I LOVE it when the guy makes the first move because it makes me feel loved, but I will also make the first move if the guy I like is too shy. And you are right, shy guys are really cute.

7. DeNo

DeNo Level III

has Hallandale commented? no?
    well, guys should have the balls.
    if not, then return to sender and die alone mate.

What do you mean its not about gender? OF COURSE its about gender. society has freaking imprinted us over 2000 years of that men should do it, and before that since evolution that the male is the one chasing the female (animals showing off their colours, bird calls etc etc).

So is it about gender? Bloody, freaking, yes :)

Though we live in the age of 'feminism' and everyone agrees upon it, yet no one knows exactly what it means, then possibly a daring female can go out and ask.

8. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I agree. Chivalry shouldn't die. Like I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :yup:

9. boogerwaiter

boogerwaiter Level I

Summed it all up right there
    Please don't spam - Commy

10. TheSportsTrainer

I'd have to say the guy because the woman will just wait until another guy goes and asks her!

11. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

whoever likes the other person more

so generally the guy :p

12. dolltronic

dolltronic Level I

I'm a romantic... the guy should. <3

13. weldn

weldn Level II

Im the guy, so i would rather make the first move by myself :lol:

Asian girls are quite conservative in so many ways, not to mention in this kind of situation,
    so...
    what are you guys waiting for ? Go get "HER" :D

14. Liwi

Liwi Level II

Lol I know what you mean about the Asian girls. But I guess it makes them all the more desirable right?

15. surreptitious

surreptitious Level III

The guy should make the first move. For several reasons. First of all, I feel like a bit of a skank when I make the first move, even if my intentions are nothing but honorable. *cough*which they never are*cough* Secondly, I'm lazy and don't handle rejection well. And also I think that I may be romantic somewhere very, very, very deep down inside, and so I like to be sought after. Most girls are much more romantic than me. Make them happy, lads.
    Besides, the man should always drool over the woman. It makes things more explosive and majorly fun. Because then we can respond accordingly.

16. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

i didn't read anything in this thread because i have to go quick but the subject interests me so i am going to post about it. with the reputation for guys being that they will push boundaries and are always looking for sex, this makes the girls role more important. if she finds a good guy that is a little scared of pushing boundaries in fear of looking like he just wants some, then the girls has to take initiative to let him know it is ok. when the relationship is a little bit older and more established, the responsibility is 50/50 but in the beginning, it's ultimately up to the girl to decide whats going to happen. the guy obviously has to show interest and indicate what he wants to some degree but it rests with the girl in the end.

17. KeKNoRRiS

KeKNoRRiS Level III

Depends on what you call the first move in a relationship..

As far as I have noticed, it's mostly men starting the first conversations, but when you go out a couple of times, the girl takes over and starts about having a relationship..

Could be me, but that's how I see it all the time.

18. SinkingThoughts

SinkingThoughts Level I

Depends on the couple, Some girls just go for it xD

19. Genocide11

Genocide11 Level III

The guy should probably make the first move. It probably looks better since he would be displaying his confidence >>

20. SinkingThoughts

SinkingThoughts Level I

Well... it's not really a question of confidence.. Does every girl you know like a cocky guy?