1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World End in 2009 or Not ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by FastBullet, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ipaawn

ipaawn Newbie

nah...its most likely just a rumor...ive never believed that...and its 2012 anyways.

2. sertiun

sertiun Level I

To be honest, it is possible.
    There was an earthquake where I live, just yesterday.
    It makes you think about tthe world, and whats happening to it. T_T

3. Genocide11

Genocide11 Level III

Earthquakes are very common natural occurrences that result from the continental plates shifting. They cause relatively minor damage. The most likely possibility of the world ending would be our own doing rather than a meteorite or an extremely powerful earthquake.

4. xcoasterx

xcoasterx Level II

there are many different theories on this but I do not think that life will end.

5. debombwebb55

debombwebb55 Level I

Yaa I really doubt the World will End in 09

6. Khang685

Khang685 Newbie

Hmm, it won't end that soon, but surely the end of Man is drawing nearer if we don't conserve our energy resources

Don't gravedig. - L_scorpio

7. wessypoo

wessypoo Level I

dude its 2012. and its gonna happen. mark my words

8. Patty

Patty Level III

i dont believe that the world will end in 2010 because... theres no proof!

9. wessypoo

wessypoo Level I

2012 dummy

10. masalaking

masalaking Level II

The end was supposed to start in 1999. The end "ends" December 21st 2012. It's in countless religious texts. From The Bible to the Qu'ran. In my opinion, it's enviable and the new world will begin.

11. kelc3949

kelc3949 Level I

Well we will find out in a couple years or so, if it doesnt happen we could just say that the Mayans were totally wrong!!

12. CHticker

CHticker Level I

Maybe this will be the climax of our economic struggles... Gas will be like 89.50 a gallon.

13. Kayori

Kayori Newbie

In social studies we recently took up the topic "mayan calendar" & it says that the world will NOT end (some missunderstandings are there..) but ther will be "A GREAT CHANGE" (apocalypse) .. i only believe half in it. why? the change is already happening ^^ (global warming) but i don't believe that the apocalypse/"the great change" will come exactly at december 21, 2012 (thats what the mayas believe in). so, no.. i don't believe in that :)

14. Arash

Arash Level I

The world will end just like in 6-6-06 the Anti-Christ would show up.

15. 777

777 Level I

12-12-12 is when the world ends.

Yeah that's what I was talking about.
    That is a weird theory too.
    Something about their calendar ending or something right?

Spooookkkkkyyy....

16. Kurapica

Kurapica Level I

I dont think so because nobody knows when the world will end :p T_T

17. Cheeto

Cheeto Level IV

...Where in the bible does it state the end is December 21st 2012? Nowhere because it doesnt'!
    I believe if I'm not mistaken in the bible it says only god knows when the world will end.

I for one, believe just that.
    Nobody knows when the world is going to end. These are all THEORYS.

18. Chris

Chris Level II

Haha, I'm really informed on the subject through many cultures and religions etc etc.

In my conclusion, both short and to the point, the world will face these issues very soon:

2009: Nothing is commonly related in religions specified for this date. Not that nothing will happen, nobody knows for sure.. it's just not a belief of mine.

2010: California is literally taken off the map, and sinks.

2010-2014: Unknown after investigation as most religions dont agree, or contend the subject of the second coming(or relative coming of a greater being)

2014: Meteorite Devastates more than 60% of world population. This in religion will be the thing falling from the sky.. a mini-apocolypse of sorts.

2014 and up: Remaining world suffers from a consistantly hotter world. Between 2014-2021 the appocolypse destroys what remains of humanity.

All in all no-one knows except each religions god, or creation figure. I'm a christian at heart but don't believe in rediculing those of different religion. I have over many years gather facts about the above issues and found many religions relative on these key points.

All in all, it's funny how each religion worships a creation figure.. maybe most aren't wrong in who they worship.. all of these commonly related religions point to one thing.. and one creator (not all, but most do) Although the names and text are different the general idea is creation by a greater being.. hmm

19. dahero18

dahero18 Level II

I hate these stupid world's ends, they are ridiculus and absurd. When God wants judgement day to happen, it'll happen, till then live your lifes, don't worry about the world's

20. Istoph_domo

Istoph_domo Level I

The bible says that only God knows when the rapture will take place. It mentions nothing about it being impossible to predict the Apocalypse. So while the bible itself doesn't tell us the exact date, we can figure that out ourselves.

Edit: Also, many people seem to be confused and think that Dec. 21st is going to be the end of the world, when in fact it is going to be the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. Thus while the world will still be here, it will be drastically different than what we have grown accustomed to.