1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Elhoof, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

Picked up SCII like a week ago, so much fun ^^ My first RTS :D, cutting into any time I used to Neo, now I just lab and run Abers occasionally lol. Anyone else playing?

2. xavarn10

xavarn10 Level I

Do you know if I would have to buy all of the expansions in order to be able to play the game?

3. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

No you don't have to buy the original and broodwar to play this. Its like a brand new game/different graphics so it would have nothing to do with the original.

I will always be a broodwar fan because there was so much you could do online, I'm waiting for sc2 to get cool games like that but the graphics look amazing, the 6 years of wait was worth it after all haha.

4. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

What country you from?
    If you're from EU add catch.831

:D

I LOVE SC2, entering so many tournamnets atm, will one day be pro ^.^

5. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

I'm SEA (New Zealand lol) the game is great but i'm nowhere near tournament level... What do you play SoC? I'm a protoss man myself, I love their sexy ablities.

And yeah fuzz can't wait for some nice custom maps to try out

6. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

Im from the US I know don't give me that look :), I have bought SC2 but I havent been able to open it because I have college :( and don't want to get addicted, when I make a name I will add you guys to my list.

I prefer protoss as well, but for fun I play with zerg because they have some crazy abilities.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

8. Elhoof

Elhoof Level III

i hear zerg has crazy macro and micro requirements tho :S, that roach range increase is gonna be a ladydog to deal with :( and void rays 'rebalanced' is lame, oh well my fav unit the sentry is untouched in last patch so I'm not too annoyed.

9. sammyz408

sammyz408 Level I

Zerg is my favorite, I still play sc1 once in a while

10. fearalucard

fearalucard Level II

I love the game but could never play against others online, Im just not into it that much where i can micro manage all the units or time exactly when to build buildings.

I rather play AI and make a masive army and kill everything. pew pew i think im going to go play SC2 now

11. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

Why is it not unexpected that you play zerg :p

12. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Haha because zerg is awesome and I'm awesome? :D
    Too bad you're on EU server otherwise I'd add you :p

13. Calmwinds

Calmwinds Level I

I haven't been playing much, but I was 1200 diamond like 1.5-2 months ago, so adjusted with point inflation I would roughly be 1650+, email is Finalsilence@gmail.com

14. ambdsm

ambdsm Level I

SCII Rocks, not that i'm any good at it though ;)

15. statter

statter Level II

Eh, I honestly think the original starcraft is better...Didn't really adjust to the new 'look' from starcraft 2 yet as well

16. seanmane

seanmane Level II

OMG i loved SC 1 is this new one any good? i have been wanting to get it for a while but was uneasy about how well it was going to be

17. Prodigy

Prodigy Level II

Its fun except Blizzard seems like they don't really know what they're doing with the balance patches. To make up for Zerg having been slightly underpowered in the past, they made so many patches to buff up zerg and now the game is heavily in favor of zerg. Zerg is the least played race (primarily due to terran being the playable race of the story mode and boring graphic effects) and yet, Zerg is the dominant race among Starcraft 2 tournament players. Zerg also has the highest win rate in Diamond league (highest league) compared to the other races.

18. seanmane

seanmane Level II

wow sounds like mw2 when it first came out with the shotguns lol :)

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Level II

The custom maps aren't spectacular either. They're really poor compared to Starcraft 1 and Wc3 custom maps. Its mostly terrible replicas of custom maps found in older Blizzard RTS. Hopefully, they'll get better as time passes.

As for ladder, once you get competitive in this game, you'll see the imbalances. Everyone rallies for balance updates that suit their agenda.

Generally,
    Terran complains about mutalisks and roaches.
    Protoss complains about roaches.
    Zerg complains about everything else to bring attention away from the fact that they have the highest win rate in Diamond league.

Starcraft 2 lacks creativity that other RTS games have. Its really just the same strategies repeated over and over. Whoever makes more mistakes in implementing their strategy loses or whoever has the more advantageous race wins.

Zerg vs Protoss is very unfair for Protoss at the moment. A roach rush can only be stopped by heavy investment into sentries to forcefield and cannons. This sets the Protoss player way behind in economy. If the Protoss player doesn't watch his ramp at a crucial moment and lets the zerg roaches inside his base, then its GG for the Protoss.

20. Chrisdank

Chrisdank Newbie

SC2 is a good time but I miss the days of WC3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.